Plant Manager ǀ Erie, CO ǀ Full-Time
About the Company
Zelios is a vertically integrated producer, processor, and bulk distributor of hemp derived CBD oil. As a large-scale extractor and global supplier, Zelios is prepared to meet the demands of our rapidly growing industry. Applying innovation and creativity throughout the supply chain, we are a company determined to exceed the expectations of customers worldwide – and equally determined to exercise leadership by actively advancing our industry responsibly, creatively and sustainably.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Plant Manager who can support our growth and profitability while leading and motivating a productive team.
You will have the unique opportunity to be a key member of a start-up company that advocates for the common good, desires to make a strong, lasting impact on society, and contributes to the betterment of humanity.
About the Job
The Plant Manager reports to the VP of Manufacturing and Operations, and is responsible for the daily operations of the manufacturing facility and contributes to costing, product development, purchasing, hiring and sales demonstrations. As a Plant Manager, you will:
· Direct and manage production team to make sure production is running smoothly, quickly, efficiently and safely.
· Meet production goals within budget and develop superior quality product.
· Coordinate processes through planning with managers to insure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Track production costs and overhead for management.
· Maintain facilities and equipment and implement a preventative equipment maintenance program.
· Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among team.
· Train, supervise, motivate and review production team.
· Work with managers to implement the company’s policies and procedures.
· Ensure that proper health and safety guidelines are followed.
· Create production reports as needed.
· Be a positive team player when communicating within the company and industry.
· Abide by all state regulations, policies and procedures, including Good Manufacturing Practice (DS cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Adhere to policies and procedures for all relevant Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
Knowledge and Abilities
Ability to act decisively and solve equipment-related problems.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Capacity to grasp concepts quickly and plan ahead.
Computer skills in Excel and experience using ERP systems.
Detail oriented to produce high quality, consistent product.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong negotiation skills for getting materials quickly and within budget.
Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.
Discipline to work in a logical, systematic manner.
Physical strength and dexterity to bend, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50lbs.
Education and Qualifications
Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Three to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience working in a food processing or high-tech semiconductor facility.
· Additional degrees in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemistry, food science/technology or process engineering.
Travel may be required, as job responsibilities could involve managing operations in several locations, including abroad. Job may require use of personal protection equipment.
Salary is competitive based on experience. Zelios offers a benefits package including health, vision, dental benefits and a PTO Policy.
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation in accordance with Zelios policy and state law.
Zelios is an equal opportunity employer offering career advancement opportunities and a collaborative working environment where out-of-the-box thinking and idea creation are highly encouraged. We seek talent that is capable of excelling in – and thoroughly enjoys – a fast-paced, high energy setting.